The MVJ team is pleased to announce an exciting new addition to the MVJ membership experience! We’ve been working with JournalismNext to develop MVJCareers, a brand-new job search platform available exclusively for MVJ members.
On this new portal, members can upload resumes and browse through employment listings from news organizations seeking to hire veterans and military spouses. Members can search by keyword, city, field of journalism, or even employer to find the opportunities they’re looking for!
Registered users will also receive a weekly newsletter with the latest job listings, which can be unsubscribed from at any time. That newsletter will start this coming week.
Since the site is new, we’re working to fill it up with plenty of opportunities – but we need members’ help to give employers chances to connect with them. To set up an MVJCareers account and upload your resume, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to MyMVJ and log in. This will transfer your sign-on details to the career portal for a seamless single sign-on experience between MyMVJ and MVJCareers.
- If you have difficulty resetting your password or experience trouble logging in, please email [email protected].
- After logging in on MyMVJ, navigate to the MVJCareers site at mvjcareers.org and log in again using the same credentials from MyMVJ.
- Please log in on MyMVJ before accessing MVJCareers for the first time – you may not be able to access the site without this step. After this initial login process, you can log in directly from MVJCareers without needing to be logged in on MyMVJ.
- Once you are logged into your account, click the “Post Resumes” button on the dark gray bar toward the top of the page.
- Fill out your profile information when prompted and press “Save”.
- On the next page, fill in the required fields and as many additional fields as you’d like. You can upload your resume directly into the system using the “Upload Résumé” button under the “Skills” box.
- Click “Next”. You can add your education and work history on the following screens. We encourage you to add these (you can copy and paste them from your resume) to make it easier for employers to find you within the system.
- Finally, press “Submit” to save your resume. You can edit any time by clicking the “Post Resumes” button again.
You’re done! Now you can browse MVJCareers freely, and newsroom employers can connect with you to discuss available jobs you may be interested in.
We look forward to making the new MVJ Career Center the go-to resource for newsrooms to hire more vets and for veterans to connect with journalism employers!